Especially sleek and impressively versatile, the black Canon EOS M200 blends a wide range of shooting capabilities with an everyday form factor. Sporting a 24.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor, the M200 enables high-resolution stills shooting along with a 6.1 fps continuous shooting rate and wide ISO 100-25600 sensitivity range to suit working in a variety of conditions. UHD 4K video recording is also supported, as well as in-camera 4K time-lapse movie production for a creative melding of stills and video. The sensor’s design also facilitates Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which uses phase-detection autofocus for quick, accurate, and smooth performance to suit both stills and video use.
Complementing the imaging assets, the M200’s slim design incorporates a 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD for intuitive shooting control. The screen has a 180° tilting design, too, to benefit selfie shooting as well as working from high and low angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for quick and convenient pairing with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing, and Bluetooth is also featured for image sharing to and remote camera control from a mobile device.
24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image Processor
Both a 24.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor are used to deliver high sensitivity and fast camera performance to suit both stills and video applications. A flexible ISO 100-25600 range suits working in a variety of lighting conditions, and the processing capabilities minimize noise and afford Auto Lighting Optimizer for notable clarity in various shooting situations. UHD 4K video recording is also supported at 23.98 fps, along with Full HD 1080p60 and HD 720p120 settings for slow motion recording. Additionally, the processor affords a 6.1 fps continuous shooting rate, fast camera startup time, and short interval times between each frame for a more intuitive and efficient shooting process.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF
Dual Pixel CMOS AF offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. Eye Detection AF can also be used for portraiture and helps to prioritize focus on a subject’s eye for ensured sharpness.
When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system’s ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- Large 3.0″ touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a 180° up, 45° down tilting design to better enable making self-portraits and to work from high and low angles.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick, automatic image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- Built-in pop-up flash provides additional illumination for working in low-light conditions.
- Included LP-E12 battery provides approximately 315 shots per charge with normal settings or 485 shots per charge with Eco Mode on.
Other Camera Features
- Time-Lapse Movie mode creates finished 4K videos comprised of consecutively recorded stills with in-camera processing.
- Vertical Video support permits recording in a vertical orientation to suit sharing videos on social media.
- Dedicated Self Portrait mode incorporates a series of tools, such as skin smoothing, background blurring, and a customizable self-timer, to help produce perfect selfies.
- Creative Assist makes it easy to see the effects of changing camera settings with real-time results displayed. This mode also lets you fine-tune brightness, contrast, and saturation with a dedicated menu.
- Visual Guide and Feature Assistant explain and illustrate the various shooting modes in order to foster experimentation and a better understanding of the camera’s capabilities.
- Silent Mode virtually eliminates the shutter sound in order to prevent startling subjects or to permit working in noise-sensitive environments.
EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens
Included with the camera body is the versatile standard zoom EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, which provides a 24-72mm equivalent focal length range. Three aspherical elements help to control chromatic aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range and an optimized lens placement works to reduce flare and ghosting. An Optical Image Stabilizer works to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 3.5 stops for sharper handheld shooting and an STM stepping motor provides fast, smooth, and near-silent autofocus performance.